1. What is ASEAN Digital Library?The ASEAN Digital Library is a regional project that aggregates and connects the digitised resources of National Libraries in the ASEAN region so that these repositories can be accessed through a single search facility.
The content focus of ADL is digitised collections of various formats (such as books, manuscripts, maps, drawings, paintings, photographs, newspapers, research papers, audio and video recordings, etc) on the ASEAN region.
2. What does ADL hope to achieve?Our aim is to share regional library digital resources by connecting and aggregating the digital content in the region.
3. Who are the content partners of ADL?Eight National Libraries from ASEAN have agreed to participate in the ADL project as content partners. For now, six partners have contributed metadata records to the pilot ADL website :
National Library of Cambodia
National Library of Laos
National Library of Malaysia
National Library of Philippines
National Library of Thailand
National Library of Vietnam
We are working with the following partners to include their metadata records in the next phase:
National Library of Indonesia
National Library of Myanmar
4. What are the obligations of a ADL content partner?Content Partners need to ensure they have all relevant rights or permissions to contribute the metadata records to ADL. And that the metadata contributed do not contain or install viruses, malware etc., are not defamatory, do not violate the privacy or rights of 3rd parties or are unlawful in any way.
When contributing metadata to ADL, content partners grant the NLB a non-exclusive and royalty free license to harvest, copy, cache and otherwise store the metadata and to publish the metadata in whole or part on ADL and in web feeds, email notifications and other data feed services.
5. How do I become a content partner?If you have digitised ASEAN related collections that are available online and are able to fulfil the obligations outline in point 4, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your interest to become a content partner of ADL. We will follow-up with you to find out more about your digitised collections and share with you in greater details, the terms of agreement for content partners.
6. Using the site? How do I search for articles, pictures, manuscripts etc. in ADL?Enter the keyword(s) in the search box. The search engine will retrieve articles, pictures, manuscripts, etc. containing your search terms.
The search could be filtered by these criteria – country, type and language.
7. Which browser does the site work best in?Chrome (version 43 and above), Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) and Firefox (version 49 and above) are our preferred browsers at this moment.
9. Why are the links to partner’s content and website not working?This could be due to site maintenance that is currently taking place at partner’s sites. You may want to try accessing the links at a later time.
10. Why is it stated as “No Image Available” for certain items?This is because certain digitised collections in ADL do not have Thumbnail Images. For others, the availability of images is affected by partners’ websites undergoing maintenance.
11. Can I search ADL using languages other than English?Yes. ADL accepts alpha-numeric searches.